Thursday, November 13, 2008

Waiting and blankets

We had another dr. appt. today. Our dr. said that he was thinking about us because it's been almost 3 weeks since our last appt. I was very quick to remind him that he said that he didn't feel it necessary to see us weekly because I was very healthy and the baby was healthy. Of course he mentioned that if at any time we felt we needed to be seen to give him a call. I love that about him! :) I decided that I wanted to be checked to see if I have made any progress. The only difference from our last visit is that I'm still continuing to thin out, but not dilate. I have a little over 2 weeks left of this pregnancy and I'm feeling very ready to have this baby. Dr. said that the baby is at about 7 pounds now and he anticipates him being just at 8 pounds when he is born! HOLY COW, that is a big and healthy baby! So, we are still in our waiting game. I keep having contractions, but I guess they aren't really doing anything to speed up the process. Our next appt. is next Friday, we'll see if we make it. Maybe we'll have a little baby boy in our arms!

On a side note, I have fallen completely in love with this little guy. I have this little blanket that I got at one of my showers, it's satin on one side and a really soft material on the other. I fell asleep with it last night because I was thinking about the baby and how he might love this particular blanket. I don't know, I think somehow I'm trying to bond and connect with him. I just can't wait to meet him!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really ready to meet him. I'm sure I'm not as excited as you, b/c you're the mommy, but I'm really excited to meet him. I bet he'll be cute :)