Monday, July 21, 2008

Disappointing Monday

So, you all know that I was suppose to find out the sex of our little "bean" today, right? Well,
Kent and I were getting ready to leave the house around 8:45am when the phone rang. I picked it up and it was the dr.'s office informing me that the building had a fire in it over the weekend and the air conditioning was not working, and that it was extremely hot in the building, therefore they were calling to reschedule my appt. Let me just tell you how dissapointed I was! I told the nurse that I didn't care about being uncomfortable for a little while if it meant that I could keep my appointment. She said that it was really too miserable in the building and that I should come in at 9:00am tomorrow morning.

Seriously, I have been waiting a month now for this appointment and I had planned to make breakfast for Kent and I before we left and to stop by Kennedy Coffee before the appointment so I could wake the baby up! :) Needless to say, I cried because I was so disappointed about not being able to find out today. I thought about all the people I had to call or e-mail to only tell them that I would call them tomorrow with the news.

I called my mom this morning, and she answered the phone with such pep, because she knew it was me and knew that I had news to deliver. All I could say was, "my appt. was moved to tomorrow!" :( She was bummed, I was bummed.

Anyway, I'll hopefully give you good news tomorrow.

3 comments:

Keisha said...

Argh! I'm bummed too!

Allen said...

That sucks.

Anonymous said...

AW! Suck! I'm glad I didn't call when I got off work like I was about to and disappoint you more ;) But we'll find out tomorrow!!!